The following division elections are happening this year
- Reeve By-elections: Nik Whalen Elected
- Division 3 Councillor By-Election: Joshua Boehme Elected by Acclamation
Thinking of Running for Municipal Office?
Check out these resources for more information on Running for Municipal Office
A voter who desires to vote by mail shall apply for a mail-in ballot kit, by filling out:
a) a Voter’s Registration Form, Form R, Schedule A appended hereto and forming a part of this bylaw; and
b) the Declaration of Person Requesting a Mail-in Ballot, Form C, Schedule B, appended hereto and forming a part of this bylaw.
All voters must provide identification to be eligible to vote. A complete list of identification can be found here.
All residents of the RM of North Qu’Appelle No. 187 will be able to vote once to elect someone to the position of Reeve for the RM.
Who Can Vote?
To be eligible to vote, you must be at least 18 years old, be a Canadian citizen, and qualify as one of the following:
- A resident in the rural municipality for at least three consecutive months immediately preceding the day of the election.
- The registered owner (or purchaser under a bona fide agreement for sale) of land in the rural municipality.
- Assessed with respect to land in the rural municipality under a lease, license, permit, or contract in agreement with the registered owner.
- Assessed with respect to an improvement in the rural municipality.
- A spouse of a person mentioned in bullet point (2), (3), (4), or (5) above; or the chief executive officer of a duly incorporated co-operative, corporation or religious association that is assessed on the last revised assessment roll with respect to property in the rural municipality that is not exempt from taxation.
The Reeve is elected by voters qualifying to vote in the RM seeking election to represent. The bottom right corner of your RM property tax notice contains the information about the division you live in.