The following division elections are happening this year
- Division 2 - Full Term (4 years)
- Division 4 - Full Term (4 years)
- Division 5 - By-election (2 years)
- Division 6 - Full Term (4 years)
Thinking of Running for Municipal Office?
Nomination Day is Wednesday October 5, 2022 by 4 pm. Nomination packages are available at the RM office at 136 Company Ave. South, Fort Qu'Appelle, during regular business hours or the below link.
Check out these resources for more information on Running for Municipal Office
Voting Day is November 9, 2022 - 9 am to 8pm
Advanced Poll is October 29, 2022 - 9 am to 1 pm
Polling Location - 136 Company Ave. S, Fort Qu'Appelle
All voters must provide identification to be eligible to vote. A complete list of identification can be found here.
All residents of Divisions 2, 4, 5, and 6 will be able to vote once to elect someone to the position of Councillor for their area.
Who Can Vote?
To be eligible to vote, you must be at least 18 years old, be a Canadian citizen, and qualify as one of the following:
- A resident in the rural municipality for at least three consecutive months immediately preceding the day of the election.
- The registered owner (or purchaser under a bona fide agreement for sale) of land in the rural municipality.
- Assessed with respect to land in the rural municipality under a lease, license, permit, or contract in agreement with the registered owner.
- Assessed with respect to an improvement in the rural municipality.
- A spouse of a person mentioned in bullet point (2), (3), (4), or (5) above; or the chief executive officer of a duly incorporated co-operative, corporation or religious association that is assessed on the last revised assessment roll with respect to property in the rural municipality that is not exempt from taxation.
Councillors are elected by voters qualifying to vote in the division they are seeking election to represent. The bottom right corner of your RM property tax notice contains the information about the division you live in.